If you would like your school / group / organisation to attend a Happy Learners session, at Cockett Community Centre on a Wednesday, or to arrange a Happy Learners visit to your school on a Thursday, please contact Zoe for further details .
Happy Learners Themed Topics
🌞Fun on the Farm
🌞Fantasy Forest (frogs, fairies, ducks, castles & dragons)
🌞Sparking Space (aliens & astronauts)
🌞Terrific Transport (trains, cars, fire fighters, police, diggers/builders & aeroplanes)
🌞Pirates & Princesses
🌞Pirates (sea creatures & boats)
🌞Princesses (castles & one Frozen inspired tray)
🌞Under the Sea (sea creatures, boats, lighthouse & submarine)
Through each topic, we aim to provide exciting, fun, educational learning opportunities through the use of a variety of multi-sensory / messy play themed toys, natural objects and materials. Children and teachers/TAs/parent helpers/students will be encouraged to explore and mess around with topic related themed water play, small world toys, paints, sensory playdough, jumbo chalks, coloured rice/pasta, sand and sensory toys. All twelve themed tuff trays will be accompanied with useful learning opportunities, which will be displayed on A4 laminated cards, to ensure that both children and adults gain the most from the educational learning experiences on offer.
Twelve Tuff Trays on Offer for School/Group Visits to Happy Learners
- Small World Play (floor)- small world toys and a selection of multi-sensory materials such as rice/spaghetti/fruits/vegetables/leaves/pebbles etc.
- Small World Play (on stand)- small world toys and a selection of multi-sensory materials such as rice/spaghetti/fruits/vegetables/leaves/pebbles etc.
- Measurement & Mark Making – coloured rice/porridge oats and a selection of measuring equipment and paintbrushes themed toys.
- Construction - a selection of construction area toys, small world themed toys and natural/sensory resources such as pebbles/leaves/fabrics.
- Creative (on stand)- a topic related painting activity with the use of pictures/stamps/natural objects/foods/themed toys.
- Sand- coloured sand and where appropriate themed toys/resources. Different shapes for the pupils to fill/explore/match/name/count corners and sides/name colours depending on ability.
- Chalking- topic related chalking activity with the use of themed toys/natural objects/pictures where appropriate.
- Water Play (on stand)- topic related water activity with the use of themed toys/resources/bubble bath/foam soap etc.
- Playdough- topic related sensory playdough activity with the use of themed toys/natural objects/pictures/food colouring/flavouring/glitter/foods etc.
- Numbers- topic related numbers and pictures up to 5 or above if required, are hidden beneath a layer of rice/Cornflakes/Rice Krispies/Weetabix/porridge oats/natural sponges/plastic sponges for the pupils to discover. Plastic numbers are displayed for the pupils to fill/match/name/order (depending on ability). Themed toys/resources are often used to enhance this tuff tray.
- Discovery/Investigation (on stand)- topic related science/discovery experience which often encourages the use of the pupils’ fine motor skills to perhaps help to defrost and rescue frozen themed toys/clean topic related toys/ use their senses to discover and handle foods/sensory objects.
- Letters/Phonics/Phonic Readiness - topic related letter sounds and accompanying pictures (with words) if required, are hidden beneath a layer of themed coloured shredded paper for the pupils to discover. Sensory letters are displayed for the pupils to handle/match/name (depending on ability). Themed toys/resources are often used to enhance this tuff tray.